Friday 23 April 2010

Photo Shoot

There was a recent photoshoot of everyone's work by David Lam. This is the first time I have had my work professionally photographed, so it will be interesting to see how they come out. I chose to keep the layout simple by just having my samples photographed flat, with the focus being on the designs.
Whilst being able to access the studios over easter, for the days of the photoshoot, I was able to print over 3 metres of fabric for my chair. It was extremely hard work and I managed to rope in a helper in the form of my son, but I did get it done and even managed to foil over the entire design. As the upholster has now made it back from Europe (volcanic ash clouds not withstanding) I can get my chair upholstered. This is a fundamental piece of my collection and to finally get it realised will be one less thing to stress over. Hopefully it will convey a modern contemporary feel with a luxurious edge due to the foiling. Then it will be time to consider the best way to photograph it, I do have some ideas in my head but will have to ponder on them a little bit longer, whilst I wait for the chair's return.

No comments:

Post a Comment